- I know a Chilean lady who only speaks Spanish.
- It doesn’t matter if you are talking to her in person or on the phone .
- she talks about 90 miles per hour or faster in Spanish.
- She thinks everyone understands what she is saying.
- You can call on the phone and ask for a member of the family that speaks English.
- If there is no-one home who speaks English, she will try in her best Spanish to tell you that information.
- You finally have to say “Chow” or “Adios” and she hangs up.
- She is a very nice person and tries her best to communicate .
- but in Spanish.
- I have been thinking that I should give her a gift of Pimsleur English for Spanish Speakers Comprehensive I but am afraid she would not listen to it.
- Pimsleur is probably the best course I know of for a Spanish speaker to learn English.
- They have a Quick & Simple starter course of 8 lessons and go to the Comprehensive I, II & III which gives you a total of 90 lessons and when you are finished you can communicate at an intermediate-high level.
- This would be wonderful for my Chilean friend.
- At times when we are visiting I notice that she is off on her own mentally because she does not understand the conversations that are going on around her.
- It would unlock a whole new world for her to be able to understand what is going on.
- She tries so very hard to communicate .
- in Spanish.
- If you live or travel in a country and the language is not your native tongue it is very difficult.
- You can’t say what you feel.
- You can’t tell a joke.
- You can’t say the things you want.
- If you want any of these things you have to have an interpreter.
- It is so much nicer to be able to communicate even on a minimal level.
- “Where is the bathroom?” “Let’s go to a restaurant.
- ” “Where do you live?”Pimsleur has many different ESL courses.
Installer Size: 0.50 MB
Supported Operating System: Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows 98, Windows 95, Windows 2003
Download Links : Pimsleur 90 MPH in Spanish 1.0 + Activation Crack