- LASsie (Light Application Security) is a Microsoft Access Add-On that enhances your Access application with a simplified user security system.
- Intended as an alternative to Access’ User-Level Security (which is deprecated in .
- Accdb file formats), LASsie offers a less complicated way to secure forms, reports, controls and certain records from unauthorized user access.
- With LASsie, you can prevent a user from opening specific forms or reports, restrict their ability to update data on a form, disable certain controls, filter records, and perform custom security functions, all based on the user’s sign on/user name.
- LASsie includes a friendly user sign-on form that prompts for a login user name and password.
- Users can change their own passwords via the included “change password” form.
- Optionally, the sign-on form can be bypassed and the user’s Windows login user name can be used.
- Once the user name is verified, the security groups that the user belongs to are loaded.
- Based on permissions/restrictions assigned to these groups, LASsie determines which forms or reports can be accessed, if data updates are allowed, and more.
- LASsie is called “light” application security because it is not intended to be a robust, high-end security application.
- In fact, a sophisticated user could edit the underlying tables and change their own security level.
- By hiding the LASsie tables, and/or linking to them in an external, encrypted database, you could minimize the possibility of such potential breaches, but you should understand that we do not guarantee that such a breach will never occur.
- That being said, LASsie can serve quite well as an application security system where users are relatively unsophisticated, or where application data is not of a highly classified nature.
Installer Size: 3.00 MB
Supported Operating System: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 98, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows 10
Developer: Peter’s Software
Download Links : LASsie for MS Access 5.0 Keygen Serial