- Debt Settlement is a relatively new service being offered in the United States and it has become increasingly popular due to the current economic crisis.
- The service itself is different from other services with the same goal and so it is very easy for clients to be confused about such programs.
- Consumers should be fully aware of what this service is and what it isn’t before enrolling.
- Debt settlement is a program for those with financial hardship.
- If one does not struggle to pay their bills they should not typically enroll in such a program.
- This service is one which offers a compromise between one’s current hardship and filing bankruptcy.
- Monthly payments do not go directly to ones creditors.
- Payments only go towards two places, fees and escrow funds.
- The escrow funds are used to settle the accounts, typically in a lump sum, with the creditors.
- As it often takes months or even years for enough funds to accrue in escrow, some creditors do not see any money at all for a long time.
- This service does not completely stop creditor calls.
- As creditors are not getting paid they are likely to call looking to collect money.
- There are steps settlement companies can take to avoid debt collector calls but the laws to stop creditor harassment typically only apply to collection agencies not creditors.
- If a person is preparing to enter a settlement program they should also prepare to deal with creditor calls.
- Note that creditor and collector calls to one’s work place can typically be stopped in debt settlement.
- Settlement quotes are an estimate only.
- There is truly no way to guarantee an exact quote for debt settlement as it varies depending on the creditors, the client’s financial situation, and other factors.
- Therefore the initial quote and payoff time may be better or worse than estimated.
- In these cases the client would get the remaining funds returned to them or need to make additional payments respectively.
Installer Size: 0.03 MB
Supported Operating System: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 98, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows 10
Developer: Debt Settlement
Download Links : Debt Settlement 1.00 + Activation Crack