- Phantom CD is a FREE virtual CD/DVD drive.
- Use disc images for your CD and DVD backup.
- Replace your physical discs to avoid wear and tear on your optical drive, and to avoid disc problems resulted from heat, scratch, and dirt.
- Enjoy reading speed up to 200 times faster than a physical disc, allowing your application and games to start and run faster.
- CD-R/RW, and DVD+-R/RW discs have a life span of two to five years.
- Optical discs commonly used for burning have a recording surface consisting of a layer of dye that can be damaged by heat.
- The degradation process can result in the data “shifting” on the surface and thus becoming unreadable to the laser beam.
- To avoid burning your CD’s every few years, copy the CD and DVD’s to ISO or BIN/CUE disc images to your hard drive.
- Hard drives have their limitations too.
- However, when you upgrade, it is much easier and faster to copy dozens or even hundreds of disc image files to a new hard drive than to burn dozens of new CD’s.
- While the speed of computer processor still doubles every two years, we still have to suffer through the slow reading speed of the optical drives.
- They spin and buzz, and finally open the files we want.
- Want to open the next file? That’s another round of waiting.
- Virtual discs give you up to 200 times the speed of an optical drive.
- Opening a file on a virtual disc is no different from opening a file on the hard drive.
- Use Phantom CD to mount ISO and BIN/CUE disc image files.
- It appears as a DVD or CD disc in Windows, and you use it as if it is a real CD/DVD drive.
Installer Size: 2.86 MB
Supported Operating System: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows 2003, Windows 10
Developer: Phantombility, Inc
Download Links : Phantom CD 2.0 + Activation Crack